CHOOSING A UNIVERSITY...

April 21, 2015


I have been there and I feel your pain, trust me. Having to decide on a University can be one of the hardest and biggest decisions an 18-21 year old faces which is why researching and visits really does pay off. I spent a good few months looking up different Universities and visiting all of their campuses. There is a lot of pressure of finding the perfect University for you, especially if you are choosing to live there. A few of my friends even ended up at a University which just wasn't for them and quit on it all together. I guess the hard part is that you don't really know what it is going to be like before you actually start there. The best advice I can give is to really do your research and go with your gut instinct. Make sure you check out their course and if it's what you're looking for. Is the campus somewhere you are going to want to be everyday? Do you know anybody that's been there before to give you an honest opinion? What is the location like?

Thankfully, St Mary's University in Twickenham have made it easier for you guys by asking existing and former students why they want to 'be part of it'. Literally, it does what it says on the tin. They have created a variety of videos giving you an honest insight into the University. I've embedded a few videos which are really amazing, well put together and was so nice to see. I wish I had something like this when I was applying for University. Funnily enough I drove past this University a few months ago and I was pretty impressed with the building and general aura of the school. It is so important to see inside the University you want to go and what better opinion to trust than students themselves! 

More videos from their 'be part of it' campaign can be found here, here and here

Gemma x

You Might Also Like

0 comments